Lace Sensor Silver - Single Coil Pickup
Lace Sensor Silver - Single Coil Pickup
The Silver Lace Sensor Pickup - Also available in Reverse Wind-Reverse Polarity! Silver Sensors are fat 70's single coil sound with increased output and more mid-range. The Lace Sensor family has a unique radiant Field Barrier system that surrounds both the coil and magnets, reducing annoying 60-cycle hum. The patented Lace Micro Combs replace traditional bobbins, yielding a wider tonal range and better string balance than traditional pickups.
Music Styles: Vintage & Classic Rock, Blues, and Pop
Think: Smashing Pumpkins, The Breeders
Sound: Fat 70's single coil sound w/increased output & more mids.
The Sensor Story
The entire Sensor Pickup line is available directly through Lace Music Pickups. The Sensor pickups have the same specifications with the same great tone. Gold Lace Sensors are designed to duplicate an early Fender single coil pickup. Crisp top end and bell-like tone, the Lace Sensor Gold utilizes the latest technology to provide excellent tone for today's guitar players.
The Lace Sensor family has a unique radiant Field Barrier system that surrounds both the coil and magnets, reducing annoying 60-cycle hum. The patented Lace Micro Combs replace traditional bobbins, yielding a wider tonal range and better string balance than traditional pickups.
Unlike ordinary electric guitar pickups that read string vibration from 6 magnetic poles, Lace Sensors generate 36 separate magnetic "sensing" fields which, in the areas where they contact the string, "read" the strings' vibration. (Regular guitar pickups only generate anywhere from 4 to 12 fields).
Lace Sensors also have Radiant Field Barriers: metal slides which frame the inner core of the Sensor Pickup and perform two functions. The first is to shield the Sensor from the outside noise and 60 cycle hum. The second is to produce a broader, yet more concentrated umbrella of a sensing field than that of standard magnetic pickups.
Less Noise, More Harmonics
As compared to standard pickups, Lace Sensors read a greater physical area of the string, while picking up less outside interference. This makes the signal-to-noise ratio nothing short of phenomenal for a single coil system. Also, a wider range of harmonic content is read by the Sensor Pickup, delivering a more complex tonal response.
Increased Sustain, Truer Pitch
Since they operate so efficiently, Lace Sensors can utilize the much lower energy magnets than ordinary electric pickups, and this in turn bring about a whole new realm of properties. In regular pickups, the magnetic fields are so strong they physically dampen, or drag on, the strings' vibration, reducing sustain and actually changing the pitch. But in Lace Sensors, string dampening is virtually nonexistent. This means your sustain is increased dramatically while the string holds its true pitch for the duration of the note.
ADJUSTMENT TIP: For optimum tone and output from our Sensors, we recommend adjusting the height to .170" from string to pickup, or approx. the height of 2 dimes and a nickel. (REMEMBER string thickness applies to height - use bottom of string closest to pickup for measurement.) Music Styles: Vintage Rock, Blues, Country, and R&B, Funk
- Lace Sensor Gold: A classic 50's Style single coil sound with a classy bell tone- 5.8k
- Lace Sensor Silver: A fat 70's single coil sound with increased output and more midrange. The ultimate middle position pickup- 7.1k
- Lace Sensor Light Blue: Warm, punchy, Jazz Blues neck pickup, or thicker, middle and bridge tone- 8.0k
- Lace Sensor Burgundy: Recommended as Bridge pickup for slightly fatter tone- 8.9k
- Lace Sensor Blue: Slightly increased output with the warmer 50's humbucking sounding a single coil configuration- 12.8k
- Lace Sensor Red: The hottest output of our Sensor Series. Perfect for the bridge position when fat, punch humbucking output is required- 14.5k
- Lace Sensor Emerald: That Texas-inspired tone without the noise! All you want for that style of music! – 5.7k
- Lace Sensor Purple: Hot overwound single coil tone, between a Burgundy and Blue Sensor. Designed for bridge or a P-90-type tone in the neck – 10.5k
- Lace Sensor Hot Gold: A modern take on 60's vintage classic sound with a full bottom end, singing midrange, & high-end sparkle- 6.0k neck/13.2. bridge